Method Overview: Principles and Practices
These principles are like starting or “jumping off” points: they are markers showing a place to start from in experimenting with ideas which can be proven in one’s own experience- the real test of truth!
- A Higher Power exists
- This Higher Power can be communicated with
- The Higher Power will provide love, guidance, and opportunity upon invitation.
- The Higher Power is the essence of everything and everyone, therefore, everything and everyone is Divine.
- “Be the peace you want to see in the world”, i.e., find love within, and then bring it into every situation and thought.
- Intentions affect reality: sending positive intentions (for global peace, prosperity, healing, etc.) is a life-changing and world-changing practice- it brings the Higher Power’s infinite resources into action.
Personal and global transformation take daily practice, and, just like practice for learning to play an instrument or a sport, or to master any other skill, ability builds over time; there are also breakthroughs from time to time. Unlike many areas of endeavor, though, transformation isn't about accumulating more concepts and technique; it's a matter of practicing letting go, and opening up one's awareness!
- Meditation: relaxing, quieting the mind, and practicing letting go of thoughts
- Contemplation: calling on the Higher Power to open one’s awareness to Its Presence
- Guidance: asking the Higher Power for guidance, and listening for answers
- Intention: mentally sending positive intentions for self, others, and the world to the Higher Power.
- Reading, listening to recordings, watching video, and attending events about spiritual transformation (important to become free from erroneous conditioning)
- “Checking in” with the Higher Power through the day, via chant, mantra, “mini-meditation/contemplation”.
- Formal practice a.m., midday, and end of day (can be short).
- Sending loving intentions in each situation (e.g., driving!)
- Being open to intuitive guidance while in action
- Being aware of the Divinity in each person, thing, and situation one encounters
- Mindfulness: being aware of thoughts, keeping mind on current action